Apr 21, 2010

Gatorland in Orlando, Florida

I had a fantastic time in Florida with some amazing sightings. Of course the Burrowing Owls were my first stop, but I also made time for visits to the Venice Rookery, Gatorland, Ding Darling, Punta Gorda, Cape Coral, Myakka, The Celery Fields, Venice Jetty, Hart's Landing, New Pass, and a local Bald Eagles nest. I also made time for lots of local beaches, meeting up with a few friends and of course time to enjoy the pool! Early mornings and late nights....once I was home I spent a week just recovering from my "vacation".
Florida has so much to offer....all the wild birds/animals in natural surroundings . I usually visit the Lowry Zoo when I'm in the area but just couldn't tear myself away from all the wildlife this year. I'm not becoming a "wild snob" since I still enjoy "controlled" shooting at some wonderful rehab places....but I'm just not into visiting zoo's lately. Actually the Controlled shooting at Mountsberg, MWC, JCW and Flight Workshops in Simcoe really helped give me the experience I needed to use "in the field".

Shooting At Gatorland:
When the rain started, most of the photographers left. I'm not talking about just a bit of rain, it was POURING. Enough rain to soak you within moments. The ones that did stay...kept dry under the shelter. I guess they were hoping it would stop. It didn't.

I was the only nut that kept shooting with a HUGE smile on my face. I love shooting in the rain...and I had Gatorland all to myself. So what if I had to empty the water out of my shoes? So what if I had to sit in the car for over an hour absolutely drenched? It wasn't my car ;)



No comments: