May 16, 2011

The Sun Worshiper


The Sun Worshiper, originally uploaded by Megan Lorenz.

Adult Female Burrowing Owl
Cape Coral, Florida

Females are usually darker than males because they spend more time in the burrows and their feathers don't get sun-bleached.

Finally got word today that the majority of files on my failed drive have been recovered and I should have them in my hands within the next week or so. Can't wait to get them back although I have no idea when I'm going to find time to deal with all the editing!

Also picked up my 1D4 which failed the week before my recent trip when I went to use it to shoot a wedding. Luckily I always have at least two bodies on every shoot! The groom looked like "The Hulk" in the few photos I took....green and grainy. Not a good look for anyone ;)

Canon gave me a loaner for the Cape Coral trip and put a rush on the repair which they fixed in record time. So now it's got a new sensor and hopefully that's the end of my equipment failures for a while!!!

No comments: