Aug 21, 2011

Big Five Feline

Big Five Feline by Megan Lorenz
Big Five Feline, a photo by Megan Lorenz on Flickr.

We tracked this guy for a while in the Sabi Sands...getting some nice close views!

I stayed at Nkorho Lodge and it was one of the most enjoyable places I've ever visited. Great food, an infinity pool overlooking a very active watering hole with visits from jackals, cape buffalo, elephants, rhino, hyena, fish eagles, zebra, various antelope species and wilderbeast. It also had large luxury rooms and comfortable outdoor decks, not to mention an OUTDOOR shower. I want one at home although I don't think it would have the same feel in the middle of winter ;-)

Since the Sabi Sands border with Kruger National Park is unfenced...it was also interesting sitting out on the deck at night and seeing animals pass though the camp. (although I'll admit I was a bit nervous at hearing all the sounds and not knowing if something was watching me.) On my second night I watched as a serval walked right past my deck and gave me a look before heading away in the direction of the waterhole.

Thank you to all the staff at the lodge, you guys are amazing!

No comments: