Sep 7, 2011

I Did All The Work...Let Me Eat!

I'm finally back home and looking forward to a few days of sleep before I have to get my butt in gear and catch up on my work, editing, client sessions and lead a few Nature's Photo Adventures local workshops.

Cape Town, Joburg, Sabi Sands, Kruger National Park, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara, Nairobi. Phew...I'm tired! I stayed in a total of 12 places over the 5+ weeks, took 8 flights totalling more than 50 hours in the air and experienced more than I'd ever imagined.

As much as I enjoyed the trip, it's always nice to get home. That's especially true after seeing a few of the Townships in South Africa and the general state of living conditions in small towns across Kenya with "homes" that had corrugated metal walls or mud, outhouses and litter covering the ground everywhere. Also if you saw the traffic in Nairobi, you would never complain about rush-hour again!! I'm really happy I didn't get stuck in that mess :-)

Sometimes you forget how lucky you are to have a nice home, hot showers, lights that go on with the flick of a switch, a vehicle, paved roads and the ability to go out and buy whatever you need and have many options on where to shop. It truly was an eye-opening experience.

No comments: