Jan 27, 2014

Elephants In Aruba

Elephants In Aruba by Megan Lorenz
Elephants In Aruba, a photo by Megan Lorenz on Flickr.

Just got back at the beginning of the week from Aruba. It was a "vacation" not a photography trip although after seeing all the great birds, interesting trees and scenery I really wish I'd taken more gear. But not having it there actually was a bit freeing since I wasn't rushing from place to place, chasing the light and animal sightings. I was actually able to relax...forced to relax and that was probably exactly what I needed right now.

Not sure why we got special treatment but everyone else I talked to looked at me like I was crazy when I asked what towel animals they got each day. After having swans, a teddy bear, a person with a headscarf, peacock etc. I jokingly said to Chris ..."tomorrow I want an elephant". And would you believe it, the next day when I came back to the room - there was my elephant! I swear our cleaner had a bug in the room!!!

So I tried out my theory and while in the room, said loudly that the next day I wanted an owl and then a monkey with real bananas. Next day I checked the room midday and I didn't have either of those but another elephant appeared. This time a baby

Thank you magic towel lady.

No comments: