Jun 17, 2014

Bare Necessities

Usually I drive past sightings in Yellowstone when there's a group of "watchers" with binoculars and scopes. I don't know what made me stop for this one but I ran into someone I knew there and was told they had just seen a grizzly and were waiting for her to come back.

Next thing I knew....something came over the ridge and it was NOT a bear. A wolf started walking down the hill and reaches the flats in front of me while I struggled to grab my camera and take a couple of shots. I had time for two frames before the Black Lamar Female walked behind the bushes and I lost sight of her. Both photos are blurry black blobs. D@#m.

Not even a minute later, this beautiful bear appeared right in front of me. She had no interest in us and was busy eating clovers. This was the bear the others had seen and misidentified as a Grizzly.


No comments: