Jul 24, 2017

The Visitor

I've been visiting Newfoundland since 2009 and on each trip I was hoping to get a glimpse of a Cross Fox. Since I don't ask others for locations it meant lots of searching with no luck but to me it's more rewarding when a sighting occurs because I've worked for it and I've spent time exploring. This year I was finally rewarded!! I had wandered off our chosen path to admire the view when I turned around and this beautiful Cross Fox was standing 15 feet away just watching me. I couldn't contain my excitement and might have squealed a tiny bit and the fox looked at me and then continued on her way. I didn't pursue her so it was a short sighting but so special. Now I knew where to start my search for her again....
(The logo was created from a photo I posted of her earlier but since it was a silhouette you couldn''t tell what a big deal that photo was for me as there was no way to discern it was a Cross Fox!)
 
 

No comments: