Jan 21, 2020

Winter Royalty

Our Canada February/March 2020 Issue Cover and "Winter Royalty" Photo Essay pages 8-13. This magazine is always a pleasure to work with and I appreciate that they understood my desire to not disclose the location.
I receive many negative comments when I refuse to disclose the location and certain photographers get frustrated. Trust me...I understand!! However if up to one hundred photographers a day show up to see a certain Northern Hawk Owl visiting an area outside of his usual range...imagine the disturbance to a Canada Lynx with that type of circus. Anyone disclosing a location (especially for an animal like this) needs to educate themselves on the disastrous consequences for the animal. The photos will mean nothing to me if anything I've done or posted in the past negatively impacted her. My only concern is her safety and wellbeing. Enjoying the experience of being accepted in her presence these last two winters will always be more important than any of the images I've taken of her.

No comments: