Aug 18, 2011

Last Light

Last Light by Megan Lorenz
Last Light, a photo by Megan Lorenz on Flickr.

After Cape Town, I got on a flight back to Joburg and was off to the Sabi Sands and Kruger.

When I started planning this trip, I contacted at least 7 or 8 different companies to inquire about a guide for this private safari and future Nature's Photo Adventures workshops. It can be so hard to know who to trust and your guide is the most important decision to make on a trip like this. Do they know the right locations, can they prepare an itinerary that puts you in the best parts of the park at the right time of day, do they have any experience with photographers and know how to read the light and visualize a scene etc.

I was lucky to find Robert....my time in the Sabi Sands and Kruger is something I'll never forget and I really don't want to leave. He instively knows what I need and positions the vehicle on the right angle for the best light. He's taken care of every little detail and all the big ones. Not only that, it's felt like spending time with a friend and I've thouroughly enjoyed his company - even though I did have to put up with a fair amount of teasing ;-)

No Robert - I will not eat Kudu. I don't care how good they taste.


Male Kudu
Satara Camp Area
Kruger National Park, South Africa

No comments: