Oct 17, 2013

Grizzly Bear Country

Grizzly Bear Country by Megan Lorenz
Grizzly Bear Country, a photo by Megan Lorenz on Flickr.

Yes, it certainly is! I saw a total of 15 bears on the trip.

2 Grizzlies on the Beartooth Highway (where we couldn't stop because it was a "no stopping at any time" construction zone even though it was a Sunday and no work was happening...very frustrating because they were so close!)
11 Grizzly Bears in Yellowstone - 3 Males, 2 Females, 6 Cubs.
2 Black Bears in Grand Teton National Park (one of which I had a very close encounter which was not my intention)

Not to mention the two nights we had a Grizzly right outside our cabin but more on that later. Out of all those opportunities, I didn't manage to get any photos I'm thrilled with but each sighting will stay with me forever.

No comments: