Dec 1, 2013

Bears On The Beartooth


Bears On The Beartooth a video by Megan Lorenz on Flickr.

This was one of the most maddening wildlife sightings on my Yellowstone/Tetons Trip. I had the GoPro running as we were driving along the Beartooth back towards Cooke City and we were in a no stopping zone because of bridge work (although there was no work happening that day because it was a weekend but the rules still apply).

As we're driving along, I did a double take and looked at my travel partner who confirmed what I just saw. Huge Cinnamon Grizzly sleeping on a rock about 50 feet from the road. We kept driving and a few seconds later (at about 1:54 in the video) we see a massive black Grizzly walking through the forest on the right hand side. He looks far away in this video but those who are used to the wide-angle view of the GoPro will realize that he was very close and it was the perfect opportunity for some great photos. Isn't that always the way it goes?!!! Still a thrilling sighting for me even without photos.

No comments: