Oct 23, 2014

Shake It Off

It's been a while since I've posted.  Those of you who do not follow me on facebook may not have heard I've been sick.  I've received many personal messages asking where I've been (thank you!).  My last camping trip was a bit of a disaster.  On September 23rd I caught a cold and the very next day I was rushed into the hospital and put on life-support.  After 7 days on a ventilator they tried to extubate me but I still couldn't breathe on my own.  They intubated me again but everything was so inflammed that they could only use a pediatric tube and the prognosis didn't look good.  At that point they decided I needed a tracheostomy.  Not what I wanted but it saved my life so I can't complain.  I was released from the hospital on October 14th after having the trach removed and now I'm recovering at home. 
Unfortunately I'm still not able to get out and do what I love but I've got lots of photos which still haven't been posted - that will have to do for now :-)

No comments: