Apr 3, 2011

Hunting Heron


Hunting Heron, originally uploaded by Megan Lorenz.

Tricolored Heron
Merritt Island NWR, Florida
Nature's Photo Adventures - March 2011

I just got back from a three week trip to Florida. Longer than usual because of the workshop and then personal shooting (but still not long enough!)

And I returned home to SNOW! Ok, it's not a lot of snow, but it's still hard to take considering that yesterday I was sitting on a beach enjoying the numerous photo opportunities and surrounded by wildlife.

So many things happened on this trip...but even with all the problems, it was one of my best trips to Florida so far.

When I arrived, I immediately went through my suitcase to retrieve my tripod, chargers and other photography gear that I was unable to fit in my carry-on.

Right away I notice a card. You know...the one that basically says we've opened your bag to screen it as part of the new security measures blah blah blah.

Not that I have a problem with increased security. I actually appreciate knowing that I'm as safe as possible.

However, I realize instantly why they flagged my bag for closer scrutiny. I had packed my tripod, ballhead, sidekick and WH-200 in that bag because I was already up to almost 50 pounds in my carry-on.

Everything was there except my new WH-200. Used twice and now that I'm really excited to use it....it's gone!

So the airlines etc were contacted right away and a claim process is underway.

I have to say that Wimberley is a fantastic company to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them time and time again.

When they were contacted to purchase a new WH-200, they were incredibly fast and had another one in my hands within 24 hours at a greatly reduced cost.

I should have realized that such an immediate problem was a sign of things to come. Bad things happen in three's right? Or in my case I'd be lucky if it was only 3 :)

No comments: